Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Easy Beef Stroganoff

Today was a huge day at our house!  Hannah decided to start walking.  She's been 'cruising' for quite some time and the last few weeks standing up in the middle of the room.  Yesterday she was playing a game with herself dropping a toy, bending down to pick it up and standing again.  I knew it would be soon but I can't say I was ready for her to walk across the room today.  And that is what she did.  There was no step step fall, it was stand up and walk several steps across the room.  It hit me today that our 'baby days' are coming to a close.  It's bittersweet for me.  Having babies in the house is awesome but then I start to think of all the work of babies and think that a preschooler and a toddler might not be so bad! 

Gerald requested tacos for tonight and being the sweet wife I am, I made stroganoff instead. ha!  I figure if I'm the cook I get to veto any votes and have the ulitmate power of meal decisions. :)

On aother note I have to take time to rave about my newest pampered chef purchase!  I have been looking at the salad chopper scissors for a few years but couldn't bring myself to spend the money on them.  I have only had them a little over a week and I already wonder what I did without them.  They are the biggest time saver and my favorite use is to chop noodles, spaghetti, boneless chicken breast, etc for the girls.  Sure you can break spaghetti into smaller pieces before cooking but it's still hard for a 3 year old to get even the smaller pieces on their fork.  With these scissors I put Sadie's spaghetti in her bowl and snip snip snip voila!  Bite sized pieces with no mess and very little work.  It is also awesome for Hannah, who has only 4 teeth.  Yes, I used the scissors for tonight's meal. :) 

Beef Stroganoff

1 lb ground beef
onion, chopped
can of cream of mushroom soup
carton of sour cream
worcestershire sauce
beef bouillon
can of mushrooms
noodles (I use Kluski but No-Yolks are fine too)

Brown beef and onion until cooked through.  Meanwhile start cooking noodles according to package directions.  I add a cube of beef bouillon to the water to give the noodles a little extra flavor.

Drain beef and combine with soup, 8 oz sour cream, splash of worcestershire sauce and a cube of beef bouillon.  Adding a can of mushrooms is optional.  Heat.

Drain noodles and add to beef mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment