Friday, September 16, 2011

Well, It's BS... Chicken! (Formerly known as Balsamic Vinegar Chicken)

I knew better than to tell Gerald we were having "Balsamic Vinegar Chicken."  I know him well enough to know he would get that look on his face that translates into "Great, this is going to taste awful.  I wonder if I can sneak out of the house long enough to get some Chinese?"  :)  So I shortened it to BS Chicken and he seemed interested.  It was very yummy and I'll be making it again!  I tweaked a recipe I found online and I'll probably make other adjustments next time too.


BS Chicken
4-6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves
1/2 C balsamic vinegar dressing (I used Light)
2 T olive oil
sprinkle of Italian seasoning
salt and pepper

Pour olive oil in bottom of crock pot.
Place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast.
Put sliced onion on top of chicken and sprinkle Italian seasoning using as much or as little as you prefer.  Add garlic, pour in dressing and top with tomatoes.  

Cook in crock pot on high for 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.  Serve over angel hair pasta.

Yum Yum Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment